We are looking for chefs throughout the USA to partner with schools on International Chefs Day (Oct. 20th, 2020) to create and serve a Healthier Choice Lunch to students!
(For a downloadable PDF version of the below information please click here…)
ACF Chef Michael Garahan and Chefbnb.org are leading the effort to create initiatives that drive healthier food choices for children. In pursuit of this goal, we are spearheading the upcoming “Chef’s Connecting to Schools 2020 Event.”
We are looking for chefs throughout the USA to partner with a local school classroom. Once partnered, working together they will create a Healthier Choice Lunch for the classroom. The goal is to create Healthier Choices the students want. Chefs will then prepare the lunch and join the students and teacher in the classroom if permitted, or they can drop off the Healthier Choice Lunch. Either option is to coincide with International Chefs Day on October 20th, 2020. Chefs and students will be responsible for purchasing the food, but are encouraged to seek donations for the event*.
*In most states food donated can be prepared in a private home, as long as it is not sold. Check you local laws to verify you abide by all laws and regulations.
To enter: When your menu and school arrangements are complete, send all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your contact information, a full version of the menu and where and how the menu will be served which will be posted to our website at ChefBnB.org. Your entry must be recieved by October 17th. When doing so, submit one signature item from your menu for the prize. then direct the participants to vote for your signature menu item on our Facebook Page poll at http://tiny.cc/hclunch. Voting will open on October 20th and close on October 31st.
First Prize: $300 for the Chef & $300 for the School Classroom
Second Prize: $150 for Each : Third Prize: $100 Each for Each
- Chef will be responsible for contacting a local school and setting up the details of the meal and all other particulars.
- Chef will be responsible for creating a healthy choice menu and will provide ingredients and cook/prepare the lunch for the students.
- Chef will ideally join the students for the lunch but as an alternative if this is not feasible, they could deliver the lunch if local restrictions permit this.
- Chef will survey the teacher and students in an informal fashion after the event is complete and will contact ChefBnB.org to report the positive feedback and results.
Your Legal Responsibilities*:
- Chef will be required to know and abide by all of their local health department laws, and receive all necessary permissions from their chosen school and teacher.
- Chef will be responsible for finding out about any allergies, voluntary abstinence items (vegetarian, etc.) or cultural/religious restrictions prior to providing the meal and abiding by such information.
- Chef will familiarize themselves and abide by all COVID-19 related recommendations in their chosen state, county and school.
By signing up you allow ChefBnB.org to acknowledge you and all relevant details of the event and results of the event on the ChefBnB.org website as well as social media, etc.
- Signing up and listing your participation for this event on ChefBnB.org will constitute an acknowledgment by the registering chef that he/she has received all necessary permissions to engage in this event and will abide by all school requirements and local, county and state laws in the locations where the participatory event will be held.*
* ChefBnB.org shall not be held responsible for the completeness of this list or you or your assignee’s failure to abide by relevant regulations or laws and shall not be held liable for any consequences thereof or problems arising by your participation in this voluntary event.